Do you want better health during pregnancy? Pregnancy is a very vulnerable time in a woman’s life. Her body goes through a hormone wreck and lots of physical changes. To keep you in good health, there are some prenatal yoga asana that can assure good health and easy delivery. We have one explained in depth-below.
Prenatal Yoga Asana For Better Health
The Janu Sirsasana is a prenatal yoga pose commonly practiced in many yoga styles. It is completely different from Sirsasana which is the Headstand. Janu Sirsasana is also known as the Head-to-Knee Forward Bend.
This seated pregnancy yoga pose involves the touching of the head to the knee. It is a deep, forward bend pose that not only calms the mind but also relieves stress and anxiety. It is generally practiced along with the Seated Forward Fold. This pose helps to bring a deep stretch to the torso and it also stretches the back and the hamstrings. While performing this asana, be mindful about not over-rounding the spine as this may lead to an injury. There are some variations of this asana too which deepen the stretch.
- Begin this pregnancy yoga asana by sitting in the Easy Pose or the Bound Angle Pose. Extend your right leg straight outwards in the front and place the bottom of your left foot against your right thigh. Pull your right leg into square your hips to the front wall.
- Inhale your arms upwards and reach out of your waist by lengthening the spine.
- Hold on to the elongation as your exhale forward. Next, bend the right knee to interlace your fingers around your foot and then place your head against your knee.
- Now, press your head down into the knee by sliding your right heel away from you. Also, lengthen your right leg as you do this. Keep the head bend into the knee as you straighten your leg as much as possible. You can deepen the stretch by pressing the heels away and pulling the toes towards the head.
- Relax your shoulders, face, and neck. Assure that your shoulders are parallel to the ground. Use your arms to keep your head in contact with your knees.
- Hold on to the pose for 3 to 6 breaths.
- To release, you must inhale and put your arms over the head. Exhale your arms to the floor.
- Repeat the same for the other side.
There are some amazing benefits of the head to knee pose:
- This pose soothes the mind and also relieves depression
- It stretches the groin, shoulders, and hamstrings.
- This pregnancy yoga asana stimulates the liver and the kidneys.
- Janu Sirsasana improves the digestion and also massages the digestive organs.
- It stimulates the reproductive organs and reduces menstrual and menopausal disorders.
- This asana relieves anxiety, fatigue, and headaches.
- Janu Sirsasana cures insomnia, high blood pressure, and sinusitis.
- This asana strengthens the back muscles during pregnancy. It should be performed after the second trimester.
Shop These Products Online
While you prepare yourself for your prenatal yoga classes, we have some cool accessories you should shop for. You can buy these products online from our website and have them door-delivered.
High-Quality Pregnancy Stockings
- MATERNITY STOCKINGS: Get the proper support for your growing tummy and prevents muscle strain of legs with this high-quality and thick fabric maternity stockings.
- SOFT AND COMFY: These stockings are made from thick fabric but are also stretchable and breathable so you stay comfortable the entire time you are wearing it.
- COLORS: Gray, black, skin color, navy blue
- MATERIAL: Nylon
Adjustable High Waist Elastic Pregnancy Underpants
- MATERNITY LEGGINGS: Get the proper support for your growing tummy with this high-quality maternity pants which lessens the strain and fatigue feeling in your belly.
- COMFY AND SOFT: Stay comfortable even with a heavy tummy with the soft cotton material of this maternity leggings.
- SIZE: Comes in large, extra-large, and 2XL.
- COLOR SELECTION: Available in white, gray, and black.