Pregnancy exercises are very important to maintain the health of the pregnant woman and the fetus. Certain yoga asanas are exceptionally beneficial pregnancy exercises that can be performed during pregnancy. Therefore, we have mentioned four yoga pregnancy exercises and their benefits.
Benefits Of Pregnancy Exercises
The Savasana is one of the most difficult yoga postures because the art of relaxation is harder than it looks like. Once you have mastered the Savasana, your body will benefit in the following ways:
- The corpse pose brings the body to a meditative state. The deep meditative state repairs the cells and the tissues of the body and releases stress.
- It calms the body and relaxes the mind. This asana is best done after a tiring workout as it gives some time and space to the body. It is the most needed buffer between exercise and then getting back to your daily chores.
- The corpse pose reduces anxiety and blood pressure.
- Savasana improves the memory and concentration of a person. In this asana, as you focus on each area of your body, your mind improves memory and concentration.
- The corpse pose increases the levels of energy in your body. It is one of the quickest ways to gain instant energy. This asana gives your body an instant energy boost thereby increasing productivity.
There are some amazing benefits of the mountain pose:
- It helps to improve body posture.
- With regular practice of this asana, the knees, thighs, and ankles become stronger.
- Practicing this asana helps to relieve sciatica.
- The mountain pose tones the abdomen and the buttocks.
- It makes your spine more agile.
- The Mountain Pose reduces flat feet.
- It also helps to improve balance.
- This asana is excellent for people who want to increase their height during their formative years.
- It regulates the working of the nervous, digestive, and respiratory systems of the body.
Janu Sirsasana/Head-To-Knee Forward Bend Pose
There are some amazing benefits of the head-to-knee pose:
- This pose soothes the mind and also relieves depression.
- It stretches the groin, shoulders, and hamstrings.
- This pregnancy yoga asana stimulates the liver and the kidneys.
- Janu Sirsasana improves the digestion and also massages the digestive organs.
- It stimulates the reproductive organs and reduces menstrual and menopausal disorders.
- This asana relieves anxiety, fatigue, and headaches.
- Janu Sirsasana cures insomnia, high blood pressure, and sinusitis.
- This asana strengthens the back muscles during pregnancy. It should be performed after the second trimester.
Trikonasana/Extended Triangle Pose
- This pose stretches and strengthens the ankles, knees, and thighs.
- It stretches the groins, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest, spine, and hips.
- This pose relieves stress.
- It stimulates your abdomen
- The extended triangle pose relieves backache, which generally gets severe during the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy.
- It has therapeutic benefits for flat feet, anxiety, infertility, neck pain, sciatica, and osteoporosis.
These pregnancy exercises have a lot of benefits on the flexibility of the pregnant lady. Thus, they help in easy delivery and blood circulation to the fetus. Along with pregnancy exercises, there are benefits of breast massage too, as it will enhance milk production.