Congratulations on the baby! With the arrival of the bundle of joy, everything in the house changes – schedule, priority, and above all, the sleeping pattern. Putting the baby to sleep is quite a task, at least in the beginning, as you are not used to it. However, with proper guidelines and help from your family, you can master the work in no time.
So, here are some ways for the new moms so that they can make the angel sleep easily and happily.
A Routine Is Essential For The Baby To Sleep
As soon as you come back home from the hospital, set a routine for your bundle of joy. Sleeping, bathing, eating – everything should be done following a proper routine every day. Before bedtime, give the baby a warm bath to make him or her comfortable and put them into their nightsuits. Dim all the lights, or you can switch them off too if required. Also, make sure there is no light or sound from the computer or television or cell phones. Moreover, it is ideal for singing a song or reading something in a low voice. Finally, kiss the infant and put him or her to bed.
By following the routine every day, you can make the newborn understand that it is time to sleep. It will also help him sleep better and without any interruption. Gradually, he or she can sleep all by themselves.
Baby To Sleep – The Learning Method
Being a new mother, it is evident that you do not know how babies can sleep all by themselves. Here are a few tips:
- Put the baby in the crib and sit near it by holding his or her hand. You can also stroke his or her back. This way, they will sleep eventually. However, you have to follow this routine for a few days or maybe even the first few months at night, as well as naptime. Gradually they will learn.
- The next step is to sit on a chair but keep the chair at a distance from the crib. Do not go away until your baby sleeps appropriately.
- Every night follow the same process but keep moving your chair towards the door each day. However, make sure that both you and your baby can see each other.
- When your baby is used to it, you should stay out of the room but talk to her or him. In case, the baby cries, you can also sing a lullaby.
- This way, your baby will learn to sleep without your help.
How To Handle The Sleeping Problems
A new baby can be tricky to handle. It might you extremely tired. So, take care of yourself as well besides the baby. When he or she sleeps, you should also take a nap. Do not forget to eat healthy to stay energetic. It is better to seek help from your spouse or family instead of doing everything alone. At the time of breastfeeding, your spouse can bring the infant to you or can change her.